Dental Assistant Program Hybrid-Online
Dental Assistant Hybrid-Online
Dental Assistant jobs are in high demand across the country. Join the California Career Institute (CCI) to take your first step toward a dental career.
What Does a Dental Assistant Do?
The responsibilities of a dental assistant are crucial to dental practices. Dental assistants perform important duties under the direct supervision of dentists. In addition to helping dentists, dental assistants support other dental team members and each patient. Ensuring patient comfort and ease before and during treatments, while managing the finer points of dental offices, is all part of the multifaceted work of dental assistants. This role offers rewarding, reliable careers with opportunities for advancement, flexible hours and career satisfaction.
Dental assistant roles span dental office spaces and include:
- Assist with dental procedures.
- Taking X-rays and dental impressions.
- Providing patient care.
- Keeping records.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Hybrid-Online Format: Our program offers the convenience of online learning paired with practical, hands-on training. This dynamic approach allows you to balance your studies with your personal and professional commitments, preparing you for a seamless transition into the healthcare field.
- Less Than 10 Months: Our streamlined curriculum is designed to fast-track your education. You can complete our program in under 10 months, equipping you with the skills and knowledge you need to start your career as a Medical Assistant sooner.
- Financial Aid: At CCI, we believe that financial constraints should not limit your educational pursuits. We offer financial aid to those who qualify, making our program accessible and affordable.
- Externships: Practical experience is paramount in healthcare. We provide externship opportunities at numerous locations, enabling you to apply your newfound knowledge in real-world settings and gain invaluable industry exposure.
- Job Placement Assistance: Your success is our priority. We offer comprehensive job placement assistance to help you with employment after graduation.
If you enjoy hands-on work, possess technical and interpersonal skills and appreciate being a valued member of a team, you could pursue work as a dental assistant in such spaces as:
- Dental office practices.
- Group and sole dentist practices.
- Speciality practices, including orthodontic dentistry.
- Hospital dental departments.
- Public health facilities.
- Dental suppliers.
- Dental manufacturing companies.
- Armed services.
- Educational institutions.
Wherever your interests lie, using your established skills in California Career Institute’s programs could open your dental career to a world of possibilities in rewarding healthcare futures.
Why Become a Dental Assistant?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, dental assisting roles are expected to continue growing at the fast rate of 11% by 2030.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected national growth in job openings for dental assistants 2020-2030 https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dental-assistants.htm Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary.
How Do You Become a Dental Assistant?
Entering a vocational college like CCI can help fast-track your education and job prospects. The dental assistant program we offer provides graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary to qualify for entry-level positions and achieve a diploma or a dental assisting credential. Participants in this program will:
- Practice techniques and procedures in modern dental laboratory spaces.
- Become familiar with equipment, materials and instruments like those used in dental facilities.
- Complete 630 hours of theory and practical laboratory training in seven course modules.
- Achieve success in 170 hours of supervised clinical externship experience.
Every student at CCI will have the opportunity to apply their skills to a complete educational system, learning dental assisting necessities from dental radiography to dental anatomy to preventative dentistry. Whether you are interested in helping promote general oral health and dental care or desire a niche research position, CCI can help. Our experienced dental educators come from a variety of backgrounds and are prepared to aid in furthering your skills and education as you proceed into the first stage of your dental career.
CCI’s programming includes courses that cover:
- Chairside assisting.
- Orthodontics and dental specialities.
- Dental materials and restorative dentistry.
- Administrative dental assisting.
The material covered in each module is designed by our experts to promote your established skills and perfect your hands-on experience. From classroom theory to our skills lab to student externships, we are committed to providing you the best education possible. In addition, CCI’s Career Services team offers career placement support for a smooth transition from program to practice.
Kick Start Your Career at CCI’s Dental Assistant School
Learning the necessary skills for dental assisting supported by a team of dedicated experts can provide you with the encouragement your skills need. Gain practical experience and knowledge at an institution that values your time and abilities.
Affordable Programs and Financial Aid Options
CCI is invested in helping students have access to quality education, which is why our Financial Aid Office offers flexible tuition plans and affordable, all-inclusive tuition that covers courses, clinicals, books and more. Our Financial Aid Office will help you navigate your options and understand the cost of our dental assistant program and your financial aid package, as well as federal financial aid and grants you may qualify for.
Quality Experience in Externships
Each student at CCI is set up to learn theory and practical knowledge within the classroom and the on-site skills lab, and is presented with the opportunity to hone their established skills in supervised practical settings. Clinical externship experiences are designed to maximize student learning and satisfaction. The clinical externship is designed to advance your practical and hands-on skills to best help you perform as a dental assistant.
Learning Conducive Facilities
Along with our experienced educators, CCI students will benefit from our well-equipped facilities offered on-site. Every student will have access to learning through current technology and equipment, helping to ensure a seamless transition into clinical practices after graduation. From dental lab equipment to dental chairs and simulations, we at CCI are committed to perfecting your skills with the best tools available.
Program Timelines for Your Schedule
You don’t have to wait for the beginning of the academic year to begin your studies within the dental assisting program. CCI knows your plans may not fall into traditional schedules and offers a rolling module formation which provides you with flexibility that may be difficult to find elsewhere. CCI has classes scheduled to work around your busy schedule, offering you the opportunity to keep a healthy balance between school, work and home life.
Every dental assistant student can receive a Certificate of Completion as well as Coronal Polishing, Pit and Fissure and Radiography (X-Ray) certification. Students are encouraged to sit for exams upon the successful completion of the program as well as 15 months of work experience in dental offices. The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) ensures the quality and efficiency of all schools in our industry. With CCI, you can rest assured that you are receiving a quality education under a recognized accreditation.
Job Placement Assistance
Students who are successful in the completion of the dental assistant program will have help from our Career Services team. Career placement support is available for students who are looking to find employment positions directly after graduation. Our Career Service experts offer workshops, resume writing and assist with mock interviews so that you are job ready to enter the workforce. With over 15 years of experience helping students find jobs after graduation, California Career Institute can assist interested students in applying for work opportunities.
Learn More and Start Your Application Today
Ready to begin your dental career? At the California Career Institute, you will be prepared to start your journey into dentistry with a Dental Assistant Certification.
Fill out our contact form today to answer any questions you may have about the program and to learn more about your future in the dental field.