Medical Assistant Program
Kickstart a Career in Healthcare with CCI’s Hybrid-Online Medical Assistant Program in California
California Career Institute’s Medical Assistant Program can you help prepare you for front and back office tasks in a variety of healthcare settings. With our hybrid online teaching format you can complete the Medical Assisting Program in as little as 10 months.
Top Reasons to Become a Medical Assistant
- Job Outlook: The demand for Medical Assistants is projected to grow by 16% from 2021 to 2031, significantly faster than the average for all occupations. This growth is expected to generate an average of 123,000 job openings each year over the next decade.
- Key Tasks: As a Medical Assistant, you’ll be an essential member of the healthcare team, undertaking key tasks such as recording patient histories, measuring vital signs, assisting physicians with examinations, administering medications, scheduling appointments, preparing lab samples, and managing medical records.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the first step towards a fulfilling career in healthcare with CCI’s Medical Assistant Program. Enroll today and join the ranks of our successful graduates working in the field.
Why Choose CCI's Medical Assistant Program?
- Hybrid-Online Format: Our program offers the convenience of online learning paired with practical, hands-on training. This dynamic approach allows you to balance your studies with your personal and professional commitments, preparing you for a seamless transition into the healthcare field.
- Less Than 10 Months: Our blend of online and hands-on training aims to prepare you as a Medical Assistant in as little as 10 months.
- Financial Aid: At CCI, we believe that financial constraints should not limit your educational pursuits. We offer financial aid to those who qualify.
- High-Quality Externships: Practical experience is paramount in healthcare. We provide externship opportunities at numerous locations, enabling you to apply your newfound knowledge in real-world settings and gain invaluable industry exposure.
- Job Placement Assistance: Your success is our priority. We offer job placement assistance to help you secure employment after graduation.
Medical assistants typically do the following:
- Record patient history and personal information
- Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Help physicians with patient examinations
- Give patients injections or medications as directed by physicians and as permitted by state law
- Schedule patient appointments
- Prepare blood samples for laboratory tests
- Enter patient information into medical records
Medical assistants held about 743,500 jobs in 2021. The largest employers of medical assistants were as follows:
|Offices of physicians
|Hospitals; state, local, and private
|Outpatient care centers
|Offices of chiropractors
Quick Facts: Medical Assistants
|Typical Entry-Level Education
|Postsecondary nondegree award
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation
|Number of Jobs, 2021
|Job Outlook, 2021-31
|16% (Much faster than average)
|Employment Change, 2021-31
Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Assistants, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm
Are You Healthcare Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the CCI “Healthcare Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Healthcare Career Training Readiness Score Now.
Medical Assistant – Career Outlook
The number of medical assistant roles is projected to grow 18% by 2030, a rate outpacing the average for all other occupations, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. With more than 104,400 job openings for medical assistants each year, qualified professionals are in high demand. The aging population is vacating medical assistant roles as well as requiring additional care, contributing to the growing call for these jobs.
While medical assistant salaries depend on location, environment and experience level, entering the healthcare field as a medical assistant provides a short and easy path into the medical field. Gain direct experience helping patents and practicing clinical duties to jumpstart your medical career.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected national growth in job openings for medical assistants 2020-2030 https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm Projections are national. Local job market demand may vary.
A Starting Point in Your Healthcare Career
CCI can help you begin your healthcare career as a medical assistant, opening doors for your future advancement. A medical assistant certificate can lead to opportunities for educational and professional advancement, including roles like:
- Certified medical assistant: Interested in further education and wider responsibilities? Becoming certified after completing CCI’s program can expand your work experiences in all medical settings.
- Licensed vocational nurse (LVN): LVNs are responsible for a number of skilled medical practices, ranging from basic nursing care to educating and supporting patients and families.
- Registered nurse (RN): RNs coordinate patient care and have increased involvement and knowledge with health conditions and treatments.
How to Become a Medical Assistant
CCI prepares its students for success with the education and certification opportunities that many employers call for. With valuable vocational college experience, each student gains hands-on clinical experience and thorough training in skills and theory.
When you begin the medical assistant certificate program at CCI, you are welcomed into on-site skills labs, taught by a competent and experienced team and given access to well-equipped facilities. To achieve the excellent education offered at the California Career Institute, students have the opportunity to:
- Learn medical terminology and detailed knowledge through seven modules.
- Complete 80 credit hours and 160 hours of externship experience.
- Qualify for an optional certification exam.
Professional certification is not a requirement for graduation, may not be a requirement for employment nor does it guarantee employment.
We at CCI are proud of the accelerated medical assistant program we have perfected. Interested candidates will find they can speed up the process and thrive in their new careers in as few as eight months at CCI.
*Program length may be subject to change. CCI does not guarantee admittance, graduation, subsequent employment or salary amount.
Join the Medical Assistant Program at California Career Institute
CCI has equipped graduates of its medical assistant certificate program with exceptional skills and knowledge. Understanding the needs of our learners, California Career Institute offers specialized schedules that help benefit students interested in medical practices.
Whether you’re looking for an entry point to the healthcare industry or dedicated to advancing your skills, CCI programming is tailored to fit your needs.
Affordable Programs and Financial Aid Options
At CCI, we recognize that costs can get in the way of lifelong passions and desires. We believe everyone should have access to quality education at a college that prioritizes their learning. That’s why we provide affordable programs with an all-inclusive tuition, covering everything from courses to books and more.
Given our investment in student success, our Financial Aid Office helps prospective and current students navigate the available financial aid and grant options, streamlining the process so that you may find the right tuition plan.
Job Placement Assistance
The college education that the California Career Institute provides takes your learning a step further by helping you find job placement opportunities upon your successful completion.
Quality Experience in Externships
Learners at CCI don’t only have access to medical knowledge in the classroom. Our state of the art on-site skills lab gives medical assistant candidates opportunities to practice and grow their practical skill sets. Our team of experts is invested in giving each student hands-on clinical skills and helps place students in externships to round out their practicum experience.
Advanced Technology and Well-Equipped Facilities
CCI facilities are supplied with cutting-edge technology, staffed by a team of passionate and knowledgeable experts and structurally assembled with an adept learning management system. Students at CCI learn with the help of some of the best workplace tools available.
The CCI team understands that your life is not structured around traditional educational timelines. That’s why we provide our learners with rotating modules, with the opportunity to begin your accelerated medical assistant program that best suits your needs. You don’t need to wait long to start. Classes allow every working student to create flexible schedules that function with their timing, with classes held during the daytime and the evening.
Join the Medical Assistant Program at California Career Institute
To enter CCI’s medical assistant program, complete the online application, and we’ll work with you to schedule an in-person campus tour and Admissions Career Planning Session. We’ll also provide you with financial aid information and evaluate your application.
Given the limited seats available each enrollment period, we suggest interested applicants contact our admissions team to discover the perfect program.
Reach Out to Apply to CCI’s Medical Assistant Program in California
Interested in beginning your career in medicine? With California Career Institute, you can prepare to jump into your future career as a medical assistant.
Fill out our contact form to learn more about our application process and discover when CCI’s next program starts.